PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Whining

My daughter is in a phase (please God, let it be a phase) in which at least 50% of what she says is a whine.  She also feels the need to constantly repeat it until she receives exactly what she wants.  For example, a common phrase is, "I'm thirsty, Momma. I want some milkie."  You will hear the same line over and over with increasing intensity, added huffs, stomps, hand gestures, and even a possible scream the entire time you are getting out a cup, opening the refrigerator, and pouring milk, until the glass of milk is in her hand.  I doubt that I am alone in the fact that this drives me absolutely insane.  It's not as is she cannot see that I am in the process of addressing her need, so I really do not understand her need to repeat herself and get upset.  
I try my best to remain patient, but it's getting more and more difficult.  My tolerance for whining is getting lower and lower, because the sound of her whine is beginning to sound a lot like fingernails on chalkboard to me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers