PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello...nice to see you again

Hi blog,
It's been a long time.  I am officially done with homework, so I am glad to have time for you again!  A lot has changed since my last post.  I've started a new career and I'm about to have a baby!  
2011 was a pretty crazy year for our family!  In April, I found out that I was matched to a Dietetic Internship program, which was a huge relief!  The competition is really tough and I always feared that I would not be matched right away and my plans to change careers would be delayed.  After we found out that I'd been matched, we decided that it would be ok to try for a second baby.  In May, I graduated with a B.S. in Dietetics and found out that we were expecting!  I started the Dietetic Internship in June, so I started "working" full-time again (well, working for free).  In July, we temporarily moved to St. Charles from Kansas City, so that I could complete clinical rotations at two hospitals there.  We lived in my in-laws basement/my parents house for about 14 weeks, so it was quite the adventure.  We moved back home in October and I was offered a job as a Clinical Dietitian at a hospital in Kansas City!  I started my new job in mid-November at 32 weeks pregnant:)  Talk about crazy timing!  
2011 was such a crazy ride that I'm really anxious to see what 2012 will bring.  Right now, I basically sitting around and waiting to have a baby.  I'm 39 weeks pregnant, so I'm really not waiting patiently anymore.  I want to get this show on the road!  I can't wait to figure out what my new "normal" will be. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers