PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

THANKS!

I've never been great at accepting compliments.  I was never able to say, "Thanks!"  I always made up some reason why that compliment wasn't true or why I didn't deserve it.  I don't want to turn this into a psychological profile or anything, but I couldn't accept compliments, because I didn't believe them.  I've been working for years to improve my self-image and learning to accept compliments was on my agenda to master.  

Why am I posting about this?  Well...my poor self-image created a lot of problems for me and I'm determined that my children will not have the same issues.  Raising confident children who know their parents are super proud of them is at the top of my list of priorities.

One thing that I've learned about compliments once you accept them is that they are addicting!  It is wonderful to be told nice things about yourself!  I just want to thank my in-laws and my husband for continually telling me what a great Mom that I am.  It's the best compliment that I can imagine.  It means a lot to me and I really appreciate it!  I am thankful that Baby A has you to help make her a confident and successful woman!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers