PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 15, 2010

Look What I Made (besides that cute baby)

Look at this hat I made!  I'm so proud.  Plus, this picture is so darn adorable.  I've recently become obsessed with handmade items after I discovered the great things on Etsy.com.  Although, I think things sold on Etsy are fantasic, I remembered that I have some skills for creating things.  Instead of buying a hat, I decided that I'd make my little Adelaide a hat with a super cute flower.  I found a pattern for the flower on the internet and sort of made up the hat as I went.  It was a fun, quick project for me.

I think that lesson that I learned here is that we all have talents or gifts we can give our children.  Toys that require batteries and store-bought clothing aren't always better than something homemade.  After all, there is a lot more love put into a handmade gift and that is exactly why those items will mean more to them in the future than something you get at Target.   

Note:
The little doll in the picture is also handmade (but not by me).  I bought it on Etsy.com from the Sunflower Radiant Love shop. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers