PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Should Be Doing My Homework, But...

I'm going to talk about how awesome my baby is instead.

We just got back from a week-long vacation at the Lake of the Ozarks.  We spent the first part with Sean's family in a condo and the second part with my family in our family's lake trailer.  The whole thing was super fun and I finally got a much-needed vacation.  
You might think that since I had a 12-week maternity leave 7 months ago, I should be all caught up on vacation for awhile.  Well, you are wrong.  I probably thought that it would be a really awesome, relaxing vacation, but I was wrong about that.  I've needed a vacation from my vacation...
Anyway, back to the real material for this post, my awesome baby and the much-needed vacation.  
As for the first topic: my baby is awesome, there have been quite a few exciting developments lately and I haven't had time to write about them (stupid homework).  First of all, SHE CAN WALK NOW!  She started taking steps on June 11th and since that day, she wants to walk all the time.  She can walk across a room holding our fingers without falling down.  She has a Playskool toy that can be ridden or used as a walker and yesterday, she held on to it and walked across the room-amazing!  Second, she is mastering pulling herself up.  She's been doing it for several weeks using our fingers, but this past weekend she finally did it alone.  She was able to grab the side of our boat and stand on the seat...so exciting!  Third, this baby loves to eat!  She loves everything we've given her and always wants more!  In the past few weeks, she's had cauliflower, butternut squash, plain noodles, grilled onions, blackberries, blueberries, watermelon, a lick of ice cream, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper.  Fourth, this kiddo loves to swim.  We've gone swimming with my friend Melynda and at the lake.  She can't get enough!  She swims with me, in her floating raft, and sits for hours in her baby pool.  I think that we have a swimmer on our hands! 


As for the second topic, our awesome vacation, I'll put more pictures up soon, but I really do need to get my assignment done soon!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers