PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bottles and Cans

Just clap your hands, just clap your hands...no, actually I'm kidding, this is not a post about cans, or Beck, just about bottles and breastfeeding.

I am very happy to say that getting Baby A to take the bottle was a much smoother transition that I feared.  I've been back to work for 5 weeks now and she's doing great.  It took some work with Grandmas and Grandpa, but she was prepared to eat by the time she went to the babysitter's house.  This was such a huge relief!  I'm glad my baby is not starving!!

I am so glad that she is taking the bottle, but I have to tell you, I really hate washing bottles.  Why does the bottle brush have to spray water all over me every time I pull it out of a bottle?  Why did I pick bottles with lots of pieces to be washed (Dr. Brown's)?  Thank God that most of her feedings don't require any cleanup, unless I start leaking!  

It's not just for the lack of clean up that I prefer breastfeeding, it's also 1000 other reasons (which most people can probably list).  I really am thankful that it has worked out so well for us.  Today, it dawned on me that we are getting closer to the day when she won't be exclusively eating breastmilk and it made me a little sad.  I don't want to give the impression that I totally love being at the mercy of a liquid and a baby's appetite. I definitely have moments when I look forward to my boobs being just themselves again, but I feel blessed to be able to do this for my daughter.  For me, the time and energy that it takes to continue to breastfeed after returning to work has been 100% worth it and 100% rewarding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile and Leave a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers